WILDBREW™ PHILLY SOUR Lallemand 11g
WildBrew™ Philly Sour is a unique species of Lachancea selected from nature by University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. WildBrew™ Philly Sour produces moderate amounts of lactic acid in addition to ethanol in one simple fermentation step. This first yeast in the WildBrew™ series is a great choice for innovative, sessionable sour beers with refreshing acidity and notes of stone fruit.
With high attenuation, high flocculation and good head retention, WildBrew™ Philly Sour is an ideal yeast for traditional styles such as Berliner Weiss, Gose, American Lambic Style, American Wild Ales and its resistance to hops make it perfect for Sour IPA’s.
- flocculation: high
- alcohol tolerance: 9% ABV
- fermentation temperature: 20 - 25°C
- dosage: 100 g/hl
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) WildBrew™ Philly Sour yeast exhibits:
- Fermentation that can be completed in 10 days.
- High attenuation and High flocculation.
Aroma and flavor is sour, red apple and stone fruit, notably peach.
- The optimal temperature range for WildBrew™ Philly Sour yeast when producing
traditional styles is 20°C(68°F) to 25°C(77°F).
- In the Lallemand standard conditions wort, typical pH of 3.2-3.5 and titratable acidity of
0.1-0.4% lactic acid are achieved. Higher lactic acid levels will be achieved in worts that
are higher in glucose.